Thunder Sports provides volleyball training throughout the year with OVA (Markham Thunder) youth training from October to April/May and NACIVT (Toronto Thunder) training from May to September. Combining the love for sports and a passion for teaching, Thunder Sports aims to foster and equip today’s athlete with good and sound fundamental training and skills development. By focusing and strengthening on fundamental, athletes will not only improve their skills, but they can strengthen their self-esteem, and enhance their lives overall.
People of all ages should strive to make ongoing participation in physical activity a life-long goal. The benefits of sports reach beyond the limits of physical well-being. The Thunder Sports approach is rooted in the belief that constantly improving fundamental and mental skills are keys to success and can help athletes —both young and old— contribute to higher levels of success in competition, and enhancing one’s life. There are number of values and lessons to be gained through participation in sports, such as:
- Building an appreciation of personal health and fitness for the future
- Developing positive self-image and self-esteem
- Learning to work as a team player in sports, school, and work
- Fostering strong social skills and relationships with other children and adults
- Valuing and upholding values of respect, honesty, and fair play
“Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.”