Technique is essential to any sport success at any age; the teaching of the proper techniques is critical for both safety and ultimate success.
In each class drills and sessions are designed to develop each player’s skill to all aspects of the game (including movement, overhead/underhand passing, hitting/attacking, setting, blocking, and serving) and as well as physical fitness, confidence and knowledge base of the game. As players improve on their skills and execution, more advance offensive and defensive drills are introduced to advance the skills development and team play setting. Smaller class (10-12 players max) per session allows instructors to focus and work one-on-one to correcting bad habits and refining technique. It is not a “one size fit all” training setting.
All one need is a good attitude, passion for learning, and commitment to training…Markham Thunder will train and teach you to be a better, stronger, and all-around volleyball player.
BEGINNER & INTERMEDIATE Boys and Girls Monday Volleyball Training for 9-13 years old:
Spots available for boys 11-12 years old looking to train and compete in tournament in March & April, 2020. Contact email@example.com for more detail.
Training Starting up Monday, October 28, 2019 to May, 2020: 20 Classes. See Schedule
The training is ideal for those new/beginner or have no experience at all to volleyball and looking to join school team or OVA team in future years. We focus and emphasis on building strong and sound fundamental/base to all athletes which allow for future success and safety. It is a relaxed environment but fast paced and up-tempo training. Format of training be 1.5 hours be working on fundamental and technical drills and skills acquisition and last half-hour on fun and games. Players learn individual skills and perhaps more importantly the importance of playing as a team thru the course of 20 weeks training.
- Location: St. Monica CES, Markham (16th Avenue & Woodbine Ave)
- Date: Mondays; 6-8 pm. Entrance to gym by the west parking lot of the school.
- Program/plan design to help athletes to obtain optimal results through strong fundamental and proper technical training, fun, and learning.
- Coach/Trainer: Terry Nghiem (Lv. 2 Certified) & Assistants
- Cost is $350 per person for the season and including:
- Practice/train 1 day a week.
- 20 classes; Starting on October 28, 2019 to April/May, 2020.
- Make up class be on Fridays, 6-8 pm, at St. Joseph CES in Markham
- A warm-up t-shirt and one team jersey
- $300 for returning athletes.
- Tournament may be available upon interest. Additional cost and only athletes with adequate skills will be eligible to participate.
- Athletes are welcome to come for a free class before committing.
Click to register and reserve your spot: REGISTRATION